Friday, March 26, 2010







So I previously mentioned that I loved rhododendrons at first sight. Well, I found there's an actual society dedicated to it. It's called Toronto's Rhododendron Society and they had a booth at Canada Blooms. So I took a gander and the ladies there were very informative. I took some brochures and I might just join it this weekend.

Anyway, I also found a website that sells Ontario grown rhododendrons at wholesale price. For $25, one can get a 2 gallon rhodo. The best part is that the selection is top notch! Different colours, different sizes of blooms, different blooming times. All at my finger tips!

Here is my order for 2010.
1) Bluenose (Bruckner) -Bright blue flowers. Mid-season bloomer (Theo)
2) Ginny Gee (Berg)- Pink and white flowers turning to white with age. (Jasmine)
3) Mary Fleming (Nearing)- Beautiful yellow flowers that are streaked salmon pink. (Parents)
4) Landmark-Rose/red with leathery green leaves that turn a mahogany bronze in the winter
(Kiara)

Large Leaf
5) Purple Passion Dark - purple, light purple throat (Arlene)
6) Mist Maiden .-white (Parents)

Azaleas
Cheerful Giant - double yellow flowers (Ninang Tess)
Gibraltar - vivid orange blooms (Tony)
Fragrant Star - white blooms

Sounds like a lot but it should make my garden very lush, if not this year, definitely next!
Will be picking them up at the Toronto Botanical Gardens just in time for my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment